Bloom Where You Are Planted

This blog was created March 11, 2015. The contents of this blog contain correspondence between Chuckwa Don Crabtree and Gina Gillispie.

Although the two have never met, they became friends via mail when Gina, editor of an online news site, first reported Chuckwa's story.

When Gina saw his arrest photo, there was something that tugged at her to believe this person had a story to tell.

She mailed her first letter September 7, 2012 and they have been writing ever since.

After several years, Chuckwa decided he wanted to begin to tell his life story and send a message of hope to those who still have choices to make...his goal is to spend his time doing good things and good work right where he is....

Chuckwa has decided...to bloom where he is planted.

The posts that you will read will be a mix of old letters, stories about his everyday life in the James V. Allred Unit in Iowa Park, Texas and stories from his boyhood growing up along the creek in Palo Pinto County, Texas.

He signs his letters...."The Callisburg Kid"

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

DON HENLEY'S HOUSE




Singer, songwriter, musician and activist Don Henley was born on July 22, 1947 in Gilmer, Texas. He was raised in Linden a small, dusty town near the Arkansas and Louisiana border with a population of only 2,400. 
~*~
Chuckwa's life has been mostly full of challenges, 
but he still manages to talk about many of the good times he has been blessed with.  
He loves his parents and brother, and family.

He speaks with affection about the mother of his children
and he adores his children.

He has fond memories of hunting and fishing
He loves nature and he 
loves country music!

"These songs I sing in my head have lots of sentimental value.  
I like most all old country music.
You know I used to live in Don Henley's rent house outside of Linden, Texas.  When my boy, Christian was 18 months old, his mom and me stayed there with her dad who was doing some building on Don's house on the other side of the lake.  We would go over to his place in the evenings and he would take us up to the studio upstairs and play music.

All that time,  I had no idea who he was, even though they told me he was with the Eagles.  Ha, ha, I'm a country boy, so country music is all I ever knew.

I used to take his boat and go fishing and paddle up into the lily pads.  Michelle would be sunnin' topless makin' it a little hard to focus on my fishin'. 
N E Wayz...they're rolling the breakfast carts now and it's time to slop the inmates."



Lord, you have assigned me my portion and my cup; you have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because he is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.  Psalm 16:5-8

If you would like more information on this area please click the links below.

CADDO LAKE

CASS COUNTY

No comments:

Post a Comment