Bloom Where You Are Planted

This blog was created March 11, 2015. The contents of this blog contain correspondence between Chuckwa Don Crabtree and Gina Gillispie.

Although the two have never met, they became friends via mail when Gina, editor of an online news site, first reported Chuckwa's story.

When Gina saw his arrest photo, there was something that tugged at her to believe this person had a story to tell.

She mailed her first letter September 7, 2012 and they have been writing ever since.

After several years, Chuckwa decided he wanted to begin to tell his life story and send a message of hope to those who still have choices to make...his goal is to spend his time doing good things and good work right where he is....

Chuckwa has decided...to bloom where he is planted.

The posts that you will read will be a mix of old letters, stories about his everyday life in the James V. Allred Unit in Iowa Park, Texas and stories from his boyhood growing up along the creek in Palo Pinto County, Texas.

He signs his letters...."The Callisburg Kid"

Friday, June 19, 2015

LIPSCOMB COUNTY JAIL

**some graphic language 



That really sucked!  Excuse my language!

I was put in a situation by my bail bondsman.  She wouldn't let me go home again and made me stay there at the house with her nephew who needed my assistance with taking care of him due to a handicap.

So I was cooking his food, cleaning his home, wiping his rear-end and everything else he needed done.  By this time I have about had all of life I wanted and was very depressed so I was taking depression medicine while there.

I would tell him how I missed my family and my girlfriend and how I hoped I didn't end up going back to prison and these kinda things and all he ever said was....

"why don't you just get that shotgun out of the closet and go blow your head off 'cause nobody gives a shit about you anyways."

Then he'd get drunk and call my mom a bitch and stuff like that.  I asked him several times to please stop doing this but he kept it up.

I was finally able to get in touch with my mom and tell her the medicine I was on was having an adverse side effect on me and I needed to see a doctor.  She told the bail bond person this and all she said was "I'll pray for him."

Guess I shoulda took the hint that me and alcohol don't mix.

All I can remember about that day is sittin there talking to him about cooking steaks on the grill and when I woke up later that day...he was dead.

Ezekiel 36:33
This is what the Sovereign LORD says: On the day I cleanse you from all your sins, I will resettle your towns, and the ruins will be rebuilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment